Hello! Samantha here with you in the Art Room today. I love the pretty pastels that were released as this month’s colors. I especially love pastels combined with a pop of darker color, so for this week’s color challenge, I chose this pretty inspiration:
You can find the original photo here.
Instead of a card, I decided to do a bottle wrapper. Now, if you or your recipient doesn’t drink wine, you can create something like this to go on a nice bottle of olive oil or balsamic vinegar.
1. Cut felt with any decorative label die. I used the same die on 2 different colors of felt (Grapesicle and Jelly Bean Green). I cut the green felt in half, and layered it behind the Grapesicle Felt.
2. Attach the felt to the bottle (I used Glue Dots).
3. Wrap ribbon, burlap, or twine around the bottle and secure on the back side.
4. Cut a flower from felt. I used Grapesicle and Banana Split to create the flower and Jelly Bean Green to make the leaves. Decorate the center with a button, brad, or rhinestone. Attach the flower to the bottle.
5. Stamp “Mom” from Women In My Life on a small tag or piece of paper. Attach to bottle.
We’re adding a submission form below this post for you to show us your own Green and Brown creation. Make up your card and post it on your blog (with a link to our blog of course *wink*). Submit your card by adding it below. Make sure to post it to the actual blog post and not just your general blog address. You have until 11:58 on the last day of the month to upload any challenge entries. Your creations do not have to include Stamp School stamps in order to be entered, but we do LOVE to see what you’re creating with Stamp School products.
We will randomly choose a winner from each month’s submissions to win a prize package from Stamp School.
Thanks for playing along!
Stamps: Women In My Life
Felt: Banana Split, Grapesicle, Jelly Bean Green
Dies: Lifestyle Crafts Nesting Leaves, Spellbinders Labels 9
Acessories: Burlap Ribbon, Brad.